Friday, December 28, 2007

Bhutto


Benazir Bhutto is dead. I don't know what this means to me. I have little knowledge about the family, or about Benazir. She attended both Harvard and Oxford, which is cool, and was elected twice to be Prime Minister. I am a bit concerned that she was anointed by the current administration to run against Musharraf. It's sort of like Abbas in Palestine. We have our favorite candidates, who are put up to aid our cause. Bhutto is a bit more obscure a choice than Abbas who will be clearly seen as a US puppet against Hamas which was the clear choice of the Palestinian people. Still, one wonders how Bhutto managed to get the corruption charges against her dropped, even though many sources argue that she and her husband plundered the Pakistani budget for over one billion dollars. Still, I won't push this because I really know nothing. I just found the killing of this charismatic and lovely woman quite disturbing.

No comments: